Tuesday, June 16, 2015

BURLAP PATRIOTIC WREATH


Hello, everyone!
Every year I like to make a different wreath for July, to proudly display the red, white and blues.

This year I did something different. Normally I decorate my wreaths with flowers and then add some ribbon, 
this time around I decided to try my hand at making a ribbon wreath.





I used one of my old grapevine wreaths and purchased the burlap ribbon at Walmart for $3.97 a roll.
I used two rolls of blue.

 
 Two rolls of red



And regular floral wire to attach it to the wreath.


It was very easy to make, just make any size loops using your ribbon and secure it to the grapevine using the wire.
I used two rolls of each color. I did the inside part of the wreath first and then, using the second roll, 
I decorated the outer side.
 




To finish it it off, I added a simple burlap bow and a small string of beads and stars I had from last year.



Total cost of making the wreath was under $16.00.
It is still hanging on my craft room door while I finish the rest of my patriotic decor.




And that is it. 
Can not wait to see it on my front door.
On another note, Tropical Storm Bill made landfall in Texas this morning and the worst of it is coming our way 
tonight and into tomorrow.
We are praying it doesn't cause any more devastation to our still not recuperated State.
Stay safe!
xxx






6 comments:

  1. It is so pretty, Maria, I have always wanted to try, but never have. I'm pinning! Praying for you and hoping the storm evaporates quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Design and great arrangements of the United States national flag! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Such a cute addition with the beads and stars. Stay safe with all this rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty, Maria Elena! You always have such good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done loops and the beads are a fantastic detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria,
    I LOVE this pretty Patriotic wreath!! You did an amazing job! Thanks for sharing!!

    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...